Thursday, August 25, 2005

Accident in front of my eyes

I wonder how many people had seen accidents happened in front of their very eyes. Must be alot. Today, while I was driving home, I saw a black VW Jetta crash into the back of a dark blue Volvo. It was quite an impact. The back bumper of the Volvo was left dingling. Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but I think the lady driving that Volvo must be shaken up quite badly. I once totaled a rental car in New Zealand. I have no one but myself to blame, however. I wasn't looking, or I should say I wasn't looking at the right way. I felt bad for the other guy. I don't think his car was salvageable. I remember that after the impact my mind went blank for a second or two. I just couldn't believe that I got hit by another car. I wonder how other people feel at the very moment when they hit someone or when they were hit by someone. For me, I just make sure that I don't make the same mistake twice because I may not be able to walk away with just a few bruises next time.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger