Monday, August 22, 2005

Birdie Ousted :-(

It's unfortunate that after two weeks we have to "let the bird go". It kinda became protective and its behavior for the last week or so had made mom irritated enough to kick the birdie family out.

One day when I return home and when I took out my keys to open the door, the bird mother flew right pass my neck! It scared the life out of me. Later dad and mom told me that they had received the same treatment from the bird. I think since our door is only three feet away from its nest, it thinks our presence is a threat to its eggs and it needed to give us a warning. It's the bird's way of saying "don't come any closer to my eggs, or else!" What a loving mother! Too bad it is a warning we can't heed. I mean, what are we supposed to do? Getting in and out using the back door? Mom was probably insulted and took her version of protective actions by cutting the roses that block the scourging afternoon sun light to the nest. The chinese say that you can't have two tigers residing in one mountain. I guess it is true. Since mom is the stronger, bigger "tiger", she showed the bird who's the boss around the house. Little birdie fled with its 3 eggs and I haven't seen them after. Dad was a little sad. I hope little birdie learn her lesson and find a true suitable spot to build her next nest.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger